The main stakeholders of the online gaming sector in Spain gathered on Tuesday evening at the VII Edition of the Jdigital Awardsorganized by the Spanish Association of Digital Gaming and held under the SBC Top Barcelona funfair, at Terraza Miramar.
Jorge Hinojosa, CEO of Jdigitalsaid: “It fills us with joy to meet again, two years after our last edition, to give our industry’s most influential people and entities the recognition they deserve, especially in the current situation.”
“It is very important for us to continue to host these events, which will allow us to continue fostering a culture of safe and responsible gaming and to highlight the industry’s commitment and constant efforts in this direction,” he added, according to a press release.
The event organizers pointed out that in this year’s edition the Jdigital Awards were divided into 10 categories, the winners of which were chosen by a jury of three specialists. The winners were:
- Best Marketing Campaign/Online Advertising/TV Commercial: LUCKIAfor “his ‘Everyday Bets’ campaign, for the mix of originality and education they promoted regarding the way the industry works.”
- Best website/betting/poker information affiliate: THOUGHT SHOPS“for his continued work in providing the quantity and quality of customers and players to online gambling and gambling operators in Spain.”
- Best specialized media: GAMING SECTORfor his “excellent activity in its various communication channels, coherent and honest in the dissemination of news and always for improving the public image of the industry.”
- Best initiative for the promotion of the game activity: SPANISH Celebrities by MGA“because it is a product that focuses heavily on Spanish numbers and a ‘bar machine’ aesthetic. In a market heavily influenced by international gaming producers, the company has managed to have a solid and distinctive product line, as evidenced by deploying this product among all national operators.”
- Best service provider: FOURHOUSES“for his work in the outcome of the RD commercial communications appeal and its impact.”
- Best technology provider/platform: OPTIMIZEfor “the effort to evolve and incorporate improvements adapted to the market, such as artificial intelligence, while helping to improve the profitability of its customers.”
- Best product: GNOMOS, from MGA, “for his contribution to the dynamism and innovation of the industry with the development of many products.”
- Best initiative for responsible gaming: FEJAR“for his ability to engage in dialogue and his collaboration with the industry to promote responsible attitudes toward online gaming.”
- Outstanding rating in the industry: CHRISTINA GARCIA“for her long career and commitment to improving conditions in the industry and in particular to improving societal perception of the industry through the FES project.”
- Best operator in the Spanish market: LUCKIA, “for the attractive design of its website, the wide range of games and sports betting and the careful customer service.”
The event organizers pointed out that the Jdigital Awards were sponsored by the companies MGA and PayPal. Moreover, Casino.es, Codere, Luckia, Sportium, and Triple Cherry participated as collaborators.
In addition, the organizers said that “since its inaugural edition in 2014, the Jdigital Awards – hitherto known as eGaming Awards – is a must attend event for the online gaming industry in the countrywhere the best companies, initiatives, figures and media come together to receive the iconic golden duck that reflects the playful nature of the sector.”
Finally, they pointed out that the award gala, presented by the communicator and comedian Enric Company, was attended by Kissy Chandiramani, Advisor of Finance, Economy and Public Function of the Autonomous City of Ceuta. This jurisdiction, the organizers emphasized, “consolidates its position as a hub for online gaming in Southern Europe.”
It should be noted that the current edition of SBC Summit Barcelona 2022 began Wednesday and will run until September 22 at the Fira de Montjuïc exhibition center in Barcelona.