Claim Tory Lanez assaulted singer August Alsina and is being ‘thoroughly investigated’ by LA prosecutors – Rolling Stone

As Tory Lanez awaiting trial on charges that he allegedly shot Megan Thee Stallion in the feet during an attack in Los Angeles two years ago, the rapper is now charged with sexually assaulting singer August Alsina in Chicago over the weekend.

Alsina’s allegations, shared online with multiple photos showing the bloodied lip and other wounds of the Louisiana crooner, are now the subject of an out-of-state investigation by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office that uncovered the gun attack on Megan. continues.

“We are aware of the allegations that the accused attacked artist August Alsina and are investigating these allegations. The allegations are serious and will be thoroughly investigated,” the OM said in a statement rolling stone.

It was Sunday that Alsina claimed in a series of graphic Instagram posts that Lanez, whose real name is Daystar Peterson, attacked him during the “Fall Back In Love Comedy & Music Jam” show held Saturday night at the Arie Crown Theater in Chicago.

Alsina, 30, described Peterson as a hyperactive “leprechaun” who rushed him with eight “oversized” bodyguards to ask why the singer didn’t “dap” him, meaning he shook his hand. Alsina says he replied that he didn’t think the two were friends and that his doctor had advised him not to shake hands amid ongoing concerns about Covid and Monkeypox. (Video by Alsina leave Peterson hanging made the rounds on social media.)

The singer shared more photos of pink fleshy wounds on the inside of his lip, at one elbow and on one knee. He claims he was the victim of a “sneak attack” by Peterson, who then “ran back into the building”.

The Chicago Police Department has confirmed that rolling stone that a 30-year-old man was reportedly “punched in the face” by another 30-year-old man around 11:30 p.m. Saturday, citing a location that corresponds to the theater.

“Detectives are investigating,” the department said, without naming the victim. The department says perpetrators are not identified by name until they are charged or an arrest warrant is issued.

Peterson’s criminal defense attorney in Los Angeles did not immediately return rolling stone‘s request for comment.

Prosecutors in Megan’s case, meanwhile, had no problem jumping into the fray. They previously asked the judge handling her sexual assault case to revoke or increase the rapper’s bail amid allegations that he violated protective orders.

Peterson, 30, bail was increased to $250,000 in September 2021 after a judge found he had violated the stay-out order, preventing him from coming within 100 yards of Megan or harassing her in any way. Prosecutors said he attended the Rolling Loud Festival in Miami in July 2021 and “tried to run onstage” while Megan was performing. Disguised in a costume, he also jumped onstage with DaBaby while Megan was still in the venue playing her song “Cry Baby,” prosecutors said in their bail obtained by rolling stone.

Peterson’s bail was again increased to $350,000 in April after a judge found that the “SKAT” rapper had violated protective orders prohibiting him from harassing Megan or discussing discovery in the case with outside parties.

The start of Peterson’s criminal trial in Los Angeles was postponed again last week, when a judge set a new return date for November 28. Prosecutors say they expect jury selection to begin on Dec. 5.

Leave a Comment