Hello all. It’s me, Paula Constance, your host of the Manchester Daily – back in your inbox with everything you need to know about what’s happening locally. Including news about…
- Buy an authentic casino table for your home.
- Enthusiasm builds for the train from Montreal to Boston with stops in New Hampshire.
- Red Arrow Big October Celebration.
I love the Manchester Daily? Send a friend or neighbor this link so they can subscribe for free.
But first today’s weather:
Partly sunny; windy, cooler. High: 57 Low: 44.
Here are today’s top stories in Manchester:
- Would you like to play poker or blackjack at a professional casino table? Well, now you can have one in your house. Lucky Moose Casino, formerly the Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse in Nashua, is getting an upgrade. They sell their old gaming tables and casino furniture to make way for new tables and slot machines. Everything is cash and carry. (Fun 107)
- New Hampshire travelers may soon be saying “Bienvenue” to a new train from Montreal. Railroad lawyers are excited about a possible rail route from Montreal to Boston that would stop in New Hampshire. Plans for a passenger train with service between Montreal and Boston have been around for more than a decade, but the idea is now gaining momentum. The 14-hour drive from Montreal to Boston would travel through Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont and Quebec. (WMUR)
- The Red Arrow invites the community to a centenary October celebration. Stop at the Red Arrow on Saturday, October 15 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for a block party between Lowell Street and Kosciuszko to Chestnut Street. To celebrate the restaurant’s big anniversary, the streets are closed to traffic. (Manchester Ink Link)
From our sponsor, Wise Bread:
Interested in insanely high paying cashback cards with no annual fee? An old credit card writer says: these are some of the best deals he has seen in his years of writing for top financial websites. You can earn a $200 bonus with these high paying cash back credit cards. Plus, enjoy high ongoing cashback rates, no annual fees or 0% interest for 15 months on purchases. Start collecting huge cashback rewards. Click here to learn more.
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re up to date and ready to hit the road this Friday! I’ll see you.
— Paula Constance
About Me: Paula is a contributing writer, author, and award-winning media producer. She is committed to media projects that empower, engage and help make the world a better place. When she’s not writing, you’ll find her walking or watching fireflies in the balmy moments before sunset. You can follow her on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Manchester Daily? Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org